The Pioneer Sport-Flex System is constructed of Northern Hard Maple slats engineered with built-in foam expansion joints which prevent buckling and gapping due to extreme changes in relative humidity. This flexible system may be glued down to a synthetic floor, concrete slab or plywood subfloor. Because of the edge grain material used, this system is extremely durable.
- 1. Adhesive shall be Pioneer elastomeric.
C. Expansion Voids
- 1. Flooring shall be Pioneer Sport Floors Sport-Flex, 5/16", 7/16" or 11/16" parquet. It shall be square edge, kiln dried, edge grain Northern Hard Maple. Slats to be furnished in panels 12 1/4" X 12". The pattern shall be linear.
- 2. Grading shall be Second & Better or Third & Better Grade, in accordance with NOFMA, CLA and National Hardwood Floor Association grading standards.
- 1. Wall base shall be 4" x 3" heavy duty molded vent cove base with premolded outside corners.
- 2. Aluminum thresholds shall be 3/16" x 6", beveled both sides, Mill finish.
- 1. Finish shall be polyurethane or water based gym seal and finish.