PIONEER MOISTURE BLOCK AIRE FLOW
The Pioneer Moisture Block Aire Flow System is the most effective protection for areas with moisture problems. This patented system consists of a plastic understructure which does not absorb moisture and a venting system that dissipates any moisture that might collect under the system.
A. Moisture Protection
- 1. Vaporproofing shall consist of 1/4" multicellular, linear linked, closed cell polyethylene foam, density PCF 2.0 nominal.
- 2. Option: for extra vapor protection specify 6 mil polyethylene vapor barrier under the foam.
- 1. Subfloor shall be 1/2" x 6" or 1/2" by 4" nominal plastic strips.
- 1. Flooring shall be Mixed Grain, TGEM, kiln dried Northern Hard Maple, 25/32" thickness and widths of 1 1/2", 1 3/4" or 2 1/4".
- 2. Grading shall be First Grade, Second & Better or Third & Better Grade Northern Hard Maple in accordance with NOFMA, CLA and National Hardwood Floor Association grading standards.
E. Expansion Voids
- 1. Fasteners shall be 2" epoxy coated staples or 2" barbed cleats.
- 1. Wall base shall be 4" x 3" heavy duty molded, vented, rubber cove base, with premolded outside corners.
- 2. Aluminum thresholds shall be 3/16" x 6", beveled both sides, Mill finish.
- 1. Finish shall be polyurethane or water based gym seal and finish.