The Pioneer Foam is a floating floor system manufactured by Pioneer Sport Floors LLC . The use of a closed cell linear linked polyethylene foam makes this system a good choice to span minor slab imperfections, thus eliminating most dead spots. The Pioneer-Foam system is quick to install; it also has a low profile for a floating floor system. This is a good system for a retro-fit project because of its low profile and cost.
B. Moisture Protection
- 1. Flooring shall be Mixed Grain, TGEM kiln dried Northern Hard Maple, standard strip flooring 25/32" or 33/32" thickness and widths of 1 1/2" or 2 1/4".
- 2. Grading shall be First Grade, Second & Better, or Third & Better Grade Northern Hard Maple in accordance with NOFMA, CLA and National Hardwood Floor Association grading standards.
- 1. Vapor barrier shall be 6 mill polyethylene.
- 1. Resilient pad shall be 1/2" closed cell foam.
- 1. Panels shall be 2 layers 1/2" cdx plywood or 7 /16" Oriented Strand Board (OSB).
F. Expansion Voids
- 1. Tack nails shall be 1" cleats or 1" 13-gauge staples.
- 2. Flooring nails shall be 2" cleats or 2" staples, barbed and epoxy coated.
- 1. Wall base shall be 4" x 3" vented cove base with premolded corners.
- 2. Aluminum thresholds shall be 3/16" x 6", beveled both sides, Mill finish.
- 1. Finish shall be polyurethane or water based gym seal and finish.