PIONEER CUSH I
Pioneer-Cush I Floor System is ideal for sport floor surfaces because it rests snugly on a padded sleeper system. Increased uniformity of resilience and load bearing is provided by the padded sleepers. This results in more flexibility and freedom in the floor. This system is especially recommended for racquetball courts and elementary gymnasiums, dance floors and stages.
A. Moisture Protection
- 1. Vaporproofing shall consist of 6 mill polyethylene.
- 1.Cushioned sleepers shall be 2" x 3" x 4'0" kiln dried, Spruce, Pine or Fir; 3/8" x 2 1/4" wide x 3" long with 6 fully enclosed air channels.
- 1. Flooring shall be Mixed Grain, TGEM, kiln dried Northern Hard Maple. It shall be either 25/32" or 33/32" thickness and 1 1/2" or 2 1/4" widths.
- 2. Grading shall be First Grade, Second & Better or Third & Better Grade, in accordance with NOFMA, CLA and National Hardwood Floor Association grading standards.
E. Expansion Voids
- 1. Fasteners shall be 2" epoxy coated staples or 2" barbed cleats.
- 1. Wall base shall be 4" x 3" heavy duty molded, vented rubber cove base with premolded outside corners.
- 2. Aluminum thresholds shall be 3/16" x 6", beveled both sides, Mill finish.
- 1. Finish shall be polyurethane or water based gym seal and finish.