Pion-Aire II Floor System has Bio-Tech advanced technology that makes our system unique. In excess of 60% of the shock is absorbed by the system for gymnasiums and 70% for aerobic floors. Along with the energy return, concentric rings give less stress on the legs and backs. This is an excellent system that requires a medium durometer pad in the playing area and a harder durometer pad under the bleachers. In the aerobic areas we recommend use of our softest pads for maximum shock absorbency.
A. Moisture Protection
- 1. Vaporproofing shall consist of 6 mill polyethylene.
C. Pion-Aire II Pads
- 1. Subfloor shall be 2 layers 1/2" cdx plywood or 7/16" Oriented Strand Board (OSB).
- 1. Pads shall be 3/4" hemispherically designed rubber pads.
- 1. Flooring shall be Mixed Grain, TGEM, Kiln Dried Northern Hard Maple, 25/32" or 33/32" thickness and widths of 2 1/4".
- 2. Grading shall be First Grade, Second & Better or Third & Better Grade in accordance with NOFMA, CLA and National Hardwood Floor Association grading standards.
F. Expansion Voids
- 1. Fasteners shall be 2" barbed cleats or epoxy coated staples.
- 1. Wall base shall be 4" x 3" heavy duty rubber cover base with premolded outside corners.
- 2. Aluminum thresholds shall be 3/16" x 6", beveled both sides, Mill finish.
- 1. Finish shall be polyurethane or water based gym seal and finish.